We help seniors downsize with dignity
As of August 2020, we started providing our full complement of services again. As of March 2021, we have reinforced our existing safety measures to ensure everyones protection to the best of our ability. We believe in Stay Safe and Stay Home whenever possible.
While some measures may result in additional steps throughout the day, such as entering a retirement community, I am proud of how Canadians have stepped up and are working together to attempt to keep this pandemic in check. I encourage everyone to continue to be respectful of these steps - even when they may seem extreme, they are in place for the right reasons.
As of July 2020 (and continued into spring 2021), we began working in situations where our clients had already moved into their chosen retirement/LTC location and we were working in their empty home. Therefore there was no threat to our clients. We continue to work with only one client per day to reduce the opportunity of spread as best we can.
We applaud our front line workers - and as much as I would like HSHT to
be considered an essential service, I am also grateful that we are not. Now that additional safety measures are in place, I believe staff and clients are safe from transporting or transferring viral threats.
Patti Priestman, owner of Home Suite Home Transitions, has numerous certifications, including: certified SMM and a Certified Relocation and Transition Specialist. This means:
- Senior Move Managers® have significant expertise in resources and approaches that save money, reduce stress and produce quality results.
- Services are client-centered and personalized to meet the client's needs and preferences. Families will benefit from the experience of a Senior Move Manager as an outside expert!
- Home Suite Home Transitions maintain full insurance and personal bonding and Police checks for all staff.
- Ongoing educational programs reflect the our commitment to professionalism and to working with older adults.
- Home Suite Home Transitions staff believe in and adhere to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice for all National Association of Senior Move Manager (NASMM) members.
- Bonded, Insured.
- Continuing Education courses include:
- Ethics and Accountability in Senior Move Management Oct 2011 NASMM Cornerstone Course
- Safety in Senior Move Management Oct 2011 NASMM Cornerstone Course
Home Suite Home Transitions provides assistance to help older adults move from long time homes into new, usually smaller living arrangements.
Our mission is to enhance each Senior's emotional, and physical home transition experience while minimizing stress.
The client is in control of all decisions regarding their personal possessions and is involved in planning as much, or as little as they choose to be.
When Moving Seems Impossible
We make "change" an enjoyable process!
2016 Customer First and Entrepreneurial Spirit Award Finalists
While our focus is providing a stressfree experience when moving, downsizing or selling possessions, we are blessed and humbled by the recognition we have received through the Chamber of Commerce in 2016!
2015 Customer First Award Recipient!
What are the Benefits of using senior move managers (SMM) or certified relocation and transition specialist (CRTS)?
As a member of the National Association of Senior Move Managers. www.NASMM.com and Move Seniors www.moveseniors.com, we understand the challenges faced by seniors needing to downsize. The objective is not just to get moved. It is to select treasures to keep, revisit memories and enjoy this journey in life too. Although there are no formal licenses required to help seniors downsize, Home Suite Home Transitions staff take their responsibility seriously.
Delighting Seniors in Eastern Ontario
What a lucky day it was for me, when I found [HSHT]...
Read more ...